Saturday, February 9, 2013

Bananas Foster for One

Bananas Foster is one of my favorite desserts, but not one I've seen on many restaurant menus lately, nor one I've had in years.  After seeing a few variations on Pinterest the last few days, I decided to make it myself.  All the recipes were for much larger servings than what I needed, so I created my own recipe, to make only one serving.



Bananas Foster for One
Ingredients:
1 banana
1 1/2 Tbsp. butter
pinch of cinnamon
1/4 cup loosely packed brown sugar
1 ounce dark rum
1 ounce banana liqueur

You will need:
Small, non stick skillet
Bowl of vanilla ice cream - about 1 scoop
Spatula

1.  Melt butter in a small non stick skillet over low heat.
2.  Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon to create a bubbly syrup.
3.  Stir in the banana liqueur.
4.  Slice banana into quarters, add to skillet and fry until they begin to soften and brown - about 6 minutes.
5.  Carefully add rum and heat, until rum is warmed.
6.  Remove skillet from burner and light sauce with a match.
7.  Swirl pan until flames subside.
8.  Remove bananas from skillet, place over ice cream, then pour remaining sauce over vanilla ice cream.

Total time:  From making the dessert to sitting down and enjoying it - only about 15 minutes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails