Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Return to my internet world...

The reality of the real world has kept me away from my online world for far too long.  I'm slowly trying to achieve a balance and am finally able to devote a bit more time to my online presence.

Unfortunately, we experienced the loss of both of my in-laws earlier this year.  My mother-in-law lost her battle with cancer and passed away on January 13th.  My father-in-law, who'd been battling cancer even longer than she had, succumbed to the disease on March 26th.  They are both greatly missed and since their passing, my life has been absorbed by trying to take care of numerous necessary details and doing what I can to help my husband (an only child) deal with this tremendous loss.

Until recently, we lived in a Victorian farmhouse, built in the mid-1800's that was two doors away from my in-laws.  They'd built their home in 1980 on a tract of land that was part of the original farm and we were truly blessed to live as close to them as we did.  Their home is almost double the size of our beloved farmhouse and my husband wanted to move, so since the beginning of April, we've been working on cleaning out their home, moving into it, and trying to deal with 10 years of accumulation at the farmhouse.  We'll still own the farmhouse and if we ever finish moving out of it, will be renting it to one of my husband's cousins.  Eventually, it will become home again to one of our boys. 

I haven't had any time for creativity, but have been focusing all of my time on getting organized, taking multiple trips to donate items to the local Goodwill, getting my garden planted, and spending time with my family.  I know in time there will be plenty of chances for me to indulge my creative side, but for now I'm doing what I feel is most important.

Until I do have more time for my own endeavors again, I will attempt to keep this blog updated, at least once a week, even if it's with nothing more than a picture.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Hi Tamera~
I have missed seeing you.
Let me say, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your family. Your hubby must feel so lost, bless you for putting him first and helping him find his way...awesome.
Sometimes we get a twist and turn in our lives that just stop us cold, and we think, huh? But then you see and understand the meaning...happened to me last year, a couple times. And know I know to trust it and just let it happen...(it is going to anyway) I hope to catch up again with you, soon...I am reviving my long neglected blog as well.
Good to see you online again, and healing blessing to you and yours.

Kathy said...

Lordy, forgive the "e" in your name.... :(

BarkerBell Herbs and Heirlooms said...

Kathy,

Thanks so much for the kind words. No worries about putting an "e" in my name, either. : )

So, obviously I didn't manage to revive my blog quite as I'd hoped. Summer, with two boys home, took over but we thoroughly enjoyed it. Now the boys are back to school and I hope to find much more time for blogging, among other things.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails