Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday Snippet: Last Week in Review

Once again, life interfered with my visits to this now slightly neglected blog and this past week flew by and was over before I knew it.

Taxes are partly to blame as I waited until almost the last minute as usual and it took me most of Tuesday and Wednesday to complete both my Federal and State taxes.  When I wasn't working on them I honestly had no creative energy and couldn't seem to convince myself that writing blog entries was on the agenda.  So, sadly the only blog posts this past week was the lone Wordless Wednesday entry.

Thursday, I was fortunate enough to have to report for Allegheny County jury duty.  Happily, I was not selected for a jury this time around but I still had to spend my entire day sitting in a room in the courthouse.  Again, the day robbed me of all creative energy so not only did I neglect the blog but also neglected creative projects that have been swirling around in my imagination.

Friday, I spent my morning outside, working in my yard, and getting one of my vegetable beds ready to plant lettuce and snowpeas.  I also spent a bit of time snapping some shots of my Magnolia tree.  A thunderstorm was forecast for the afternoon so I quit working just in time to run to the post office to mail an Etsy order and pick up a few groceries we needed then returned home with about 1/2 an hour to spare before the boys arrived home on the school bus.  I quickly loaded my car for the Lawrenceville Little Flea I was scheduled to vend at on Saturday, then retrieved the boys from the bus stop just as rain drops began to fall.  A loud clap of thunder sent the boys scurrying inside as fast as they could go.  No sooner had they settled in when heavy wind caused a power outage that lasted until a little after noon on Saturday.  The flea market in Lawrenceville ended up being cancelled due to weather, so even that part of my week didn't go as planned.

Now, I find myself at the beginning of a new week, fully intending to make the most of the week.  Hopefully I'll even keep up with my blog posts this week.

While the first picture represented a new week full of possibilities, this one represents the week that was.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

I am glad that I am not the only one that the week didn't go as planned. I have a tendency to make a lot of last minute decisions lately with everything that is going on. My magnolia tree actually didn't freeze this year and I got to see it in full bloom. Today went pretty smooth, so maybe that is a sign the week will be a good one. Enjoy your week.

BarkerBell Herbs and Heirlooms said...

Shirley - Thanks for your comments! Sometimes I feel I am alone in not being able to accomplish many of my plans. Today has been fairly good for me so it's looking like this may be a good week here as well.

Tam

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails