Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday Meals with Mincie: Pineapple Grape Koolaid

For summertime meals, Mincie would often make Pineapple Grape Koolaid.  It wasn't anything overly extravagant but always made us feel special and we thought it was one of the most delicious drinks in the world.

To make it, follow the directions on a packet of Grape Koolaid unsweetened powder, omit 1 cup of water and add 1 cup of pineapple juice, stir, chill, and enjoy.

Please share your memories of having this drink or any other comments you'd like to share.

I apologize for the brevity of this post, but it's been a very full and busy day and I'm sadly exhausted.  For once, I simply don't have much to say.  Those of you who know me personally know that's quite the rarity.

1 comment:

Self Care Girl said...

Thank you for posting - I know it is tough to keep up a blog, but you are doing great!

A special drink that my grandma used to make for us was "colored milk" She would add food coloring to a glass of milk with a teaspoon of sugar and a few drops of vanilla. I always chose PINK. Of course it had to be sipped thru a straw too. I can remember we would always get in trouble for blowing colorful milk bubbles up to the rim of our plastic cups.

Thank you again for giving me such a great memory! I will definately give the Koolaid a try too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails