Friday, March 5, 2010

Free Form Friday: The Eagerly Anticipated Alice in Wonderland by Tim Burton...


Many of you already know that I'm a huge Tim Burton fan.  I honestly don't think I've ever seen anything by him that I didn't like.  After what has seemed like an eternity of anticipation, his version of Alice in Wonderland finally opened today.  While I'd love to have been able to rush to the nearest theatre for the first showing today, my schedule will not allow me to see it until tomorrow night.  I suppose after waiting this long, one more night isn't all that long in the infinite scheme of things.

One of the many reasons I love Alice in Wonderland is that the characters so cleverly represent different personality types and many worthwhile lessons are contained within the pages of the stories.  There's even a quiz on Facebook right now to determine which character best represents you.  According to the quiz, I would be the Cheshire Cat.  The results describe me as follows: "You're witty and humorous, almost creepy. You like playing pranks and watching mischief unfold. You appear at the seemingly right times only to cause problems. But still, you're funny and intelligent. You're the perfect ironic mischief to Alice's dreamy illusions."

The world of Wonderland is most definitely strange and unusual which makes it the perfect subject matter for a Tim Burton movie.  I came across an interesting blog post today entitled "Lessons From Alice in Wonderland" that perfectly complemented by thoughts.

I'd love to read your comments about why you like Alice in Wonderland, what lessons you've learned from it, which character you're most like/identify with, or anything else you'd care to share.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails