Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sunday Snippets: Happy Valentine's Day and a Lovely Mail Surprise

Image thanks to The Graphics Fairy

In honor of Valentine's Day, the above image is free clip art courtesy of The Graphics Fairy, a fantastic blog with a variety of free clip art images.  I especially love the affection these two exude and her dress which evokes images of Pride and Predjudice (or whichever Jane Austen novel happens to be your favorite).  Hopefully, you've all had a wonderful day surrounded by the one (or ones) you love.  If you're single, do something special for yourself to celebrate. 

On a totally unrelated topic, Friday I had the most wonderful surprise in my mailbox.  A good friend of mine, who I know from my Seattle days and who now lives in Denver, CO, is a phenomenally talented artist and photographer.  He recently started screenprinting T-shirts and opened an Etsy store called ModPress with the first of his designs.  I am now the proud recipient of two of these Ts.  They are extremely well made and the image is subtle.  If you don't know the reference, it stands alone, but means so much more if you do.  Plus, the Ts happen to be my favorite color and feature a poster image from my favorite zombie movie of all time.  Could this T be any more perfectly me?




I also received the same print, in a darker purple, which I layered over a purple/black striped turtleneck so I could enjoy it despite the over 30 inches of snow on the ground here and the corresponding winter temps.  Please take a moment and check out ModPress on Etsy.  New designs are being frequently added.

Yes, that's me, smilin' in my new T

4 comments:

Shirley said...

I like your new purple t-shirt the best, but I like purple. Happy Valentine's Day. We are approximately a month away from the first day of Spring can'w wait.

BarkerBell Herbs and Heirlooms said...

Shirley, thanks! I really like the purple one too. I hope you had a happy Valentine's Day! Spring will definitely be a happy sight, indeed. : )

Daniela & Andreas said...

Hi BakerBell,

you look really lovely in your new purple t-shirt!

Greetings, Bonsaiishop
http://www.bonsaiishop.etsy.com

Kathy said...

Very cute and look fab on you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails