Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tuesday Tip: To Tweet or not to Tweet

To Tweet or not to Tweet, that is the question.  If your answer is yes, as mine is, I thought you might be interested in two Twitter tools I discovered this week to streamline some of your Twitter time and improve your experience on Twitter.

I use Twitter to help market my Etsy shop, but also to connect with friends and others with similar interests.  In order to find people tweeting about things that interest me I chose to use the service called Social Oomph where you can set up a Keyword list that will be emailed to you in the form of an alert digest.  The service even lets you select how frequently you want to receive the emails.  Since I have diverse interests, but want to see who's tweeting about certain topics, some of the keywords I receive alerts about are "zombies", "neo victorian", and "steampunk".  By scanning the alert email, I can quickly find interesting new people to follow.

Also, I found myself overwhelmed with a high number of people I follow who don't follow me back.  Some of these are accounts like the Ace of Cakes fan site that I don't expect to follow me back, but I knew several were due to people I'd followed back because they'd followed me.  It seemed several of them were no longer returning the favor.  After a quick bit of research on Google, I discovered friend or follow, which allows you to enter your Twitter username and will give you a list of everyone who you follow that don't follow you back.  It certainly has helped me cut quite a bit of online clutter and clean up my followers.

Are there other Twitter tools you use that help you save time?  Please share them.

3 comments:

MerCurios said...

Great tips, thank you! I'm going to look into that social oomph.

Denise said...

great tips. I need to tweet more. Always enjoy visiting your blog!

BarkerBell Herbs and Heirlooms said...

Glad I could offer some helpful tips!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails