Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tuesday Tip: Increasing Online Efficiency

All too often I find I log onto my computer in the morning and before I know it, several hours have passed. I'm guessing several of you are currently nodding your heads in agreement.

As it's a New Year, I've been devoting quite a bit of thought to ways to improve the way I do things and cut down on wasted time. Since the time I spend on my computer is by far the biggest culprit, I decided to begin there. So far, I've discovered that by having designated times to do different online chores it has helped limit my online time somewhat.

For example, I started doing daily blog posts around set themes and then post a link on Facebook and Twitter. This helps me market my Etsy shop without feeling the constant need to post status updates and helped streamline my efforts. Now, I actually feel like I have time to create the items I'm trying to market rather than spending all my time marketing.

Another huge time saver I've discovered is setting up my email on my cell phone. I have both personal email and business email, plus a yahoo account for groups I'm a member of. Logging into each of the accounts multiple times a day can be incredibly time intensive, but by having access to them on my cell phone, I can quickly check to see if any new emails require my attention, then, at a convenient time, sit down and reply to them all at once.

I'm still working on improving this, but would love to hear any tips any of you have found helpful.

1 comment:

MerCurios said...

I'm one of those nodding my head in agreement. I spend way too much time online.

Taking your advice of set times to heart. If I think of any other ideas, I'll share them.

xo,
MJ

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails