Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thinking Green Thursday: Recycle Your Ink Cartridges

Since I frequently print images from my computer for use in my numerous craft projects, I use a fair amount of ink.  Up until fairly recently, all the ink cartridges I purchased included a postage free mailer for mailing empty cartridges back to the manufacturer.  Over the course of the last year, the company quit including these in their packages so I began researching other options for recycling my empty ink cartridges.

As luck would have it, the elementary school my boys attend recycles ink cartridges, so I can just send my empties into school with my boys who place them in the designated recycling receptacle.  However, if this is not an option, Staples stores offer their retail customers a $3.00 Staples Rewards credit for each recycled cartridge, up to 10 per month.

Another option, in addition to those listed above, is to collect empty ink cartridges and send them to a company that will pay for them.  Many organizations, such as the school my sons attend, utilize the recycling as a form of fundraising for school programs.  One such company I discovered online, empties4cash, appears to pay out fairly well per cartridge and has a very quick 5 day turn around time for payment.  With a little online research, those of you interested in recycling as a fundraiser can find a company that will work for you.

I'd love to hear comments of any experience anyone has had with any of these options or additional suggestions.

1 comment:

ink cartridges said...

Very few blog give this type of information about Ink jet Cartridges.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails