Saturday, July 4, 2009

Just a Steel Town Girl on a Saturday Night

While working on punching up my bio for some craft show applications, the song Maniac (from Flashdance) kept playing in my head, so I had to rework the lyrics to create a crafty version and hope my readers will appreciate it:

Just a steel town girl on a summer night
Looking for the craft of her life
In the real time world no one sees her at all
They all say she's crazy

Locking rhythms to the beat of her tools
Changing movement into her art
She has crafted into the danger zone
When the crafter becomes the craft.

She's a maniac on the floor
And she's crafting like she's never crafted before
She's a maniac maniac on the floor
And she's crafting like she's never crafted before

The original lyrics can be found here.

5 comments:

starrynightimpressions said...

love the tune Ms.Barker, and that's exactly my hubbys thoughts, I'm sure, when I don't leave my table for hours, lol.
Keep on crafting!
starrydeborah

Denise said...

very cute! I remember that movie and song. In fact I was taking a dance class at the time and we used the music quite a bit.

MerCurios said...

Only you could come up with this. It's great!!
MJ / MerCurios

BarkerBell Herbs and Heirlooms said...

Thanks for all the comments ladies! The song started playing through my head and I just couldn't resist. Since I live in Pittsburgh currently, it seemed oh, so appropriate. : )

Dental Sunnyvale said...

That's so cute! Really entertaining...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails