Friday, May 29, 2009

Travel Blog: Long Overdue Final Entry


As usual, I had the best of intentions to write blog posts on a daily basis once I returned from vacation, but as you can see in the gap between this entry and the prior one, I'm lagging a bit behind on my schedule.

For some reason, I simply can't seem to force myself to tackle chores I find to be monotonous without breaking them down into small, manageable chunks. Due to that fact, I only finished going through all my vacation photos last Friday, and am now finally getting back to the blog.

Tuesday, we headed to the Aquarium and got there just after they opened. The boys were so excited to be heading into the aquarium, they wouldn't even stand still long enough for me to get a good shot.



In the interest of finally finishing this series of posts, I'm going to just sum up the rest of the trip quickly here so I can move on to other topics and hope to soon post about some of my new art projects.

After the Aquarium, we visited the Fort Sumter museum then headed to the open air Market for unique shopping followed by lunch at Bubba Gump Shrimp.

Wednesday was Jared's birthday, so after a morning at the beach we headed to visit the

Yorktown followed by an afternoon of me dragging Jared all over Charleston so I could take numerous shots of cemeteries and houses, and whatever else struck my fancy. I did, however, treat him to a birthday dinner at Poogan's Porch which is his favorite restaurant in Charleston, so hopefully he enjoyed his day at least a little.

Thursday we spent another morning at the beach followed by a trip into Charleston for lunch at 82 Queen (my favorite restaurant in Charleston). After lunch, we enjoyed a walk through a few more cemeteries and Julian enjoyed using his inherited digital camera (I gave him my old one after getting a new one for Christmas) while Jared & Kendall tried not to be too bored.

Friday, we spent the majority of the day driving to Williamsburg, VA which is a convenient halfway point on the way home and gave us a chance to spend the following day at Busch Gardens. The boys had a great time and even though rain was forecast for the day it held off until around dinner time so we were able to enjoy a full day at the park.


Kendall decided he was hot needed to stand where the Escape from Pompeii ride splashes down. He got cooled off in a hurry.

4 comments:

Denise said...

sounds like it was a fantastic trip! Great memories for all of you.

starrynightimpressions said...

Hi Barkerbell,
Lovvvvve all the ocean photos. The ocean just does something to our souls and brings such joy! Your boys look like they had a blast on your vaca! What fun :)
blessings,
starrydeborah

BarkerBell Herbs and Heirlooms said...

Denise & Deb,

Thanks! It was a great trip and we all had a great time. My 8 year old said it was his best vacation ever. : )

I'm getting some of my ocean and floral pics printed and turning them into blank notecards. Hopefully my customers will like them too.

Tam

Dental Sunnyvale said...

I understand your thoughts on monotony...

Looked like a great and fun trip for you and your family. The last photo was precious!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails