Monday, March 2, 2009

My First Design Team Challenge

An Etsy friend of mine, who has a shop called Duct Tape And Denim, asked me to be a member of her design team awhile ago. Of course, I was extremely honored and happy to agree to participate. About once a month, she mails each of the design team members all the same materials and we each make 3-4 projects and send her pictures to illustrate the versatility of her products.

I received all the lovely items pictured above. The turquoise crepe paper was wrapped around everything but I utilized a piece of it as well.

The items from her shop that were included were a few items from each of the following 1) WORDS OF LOVE - 20 - 1 inch Scalloped Paper Circles with Typed Loving Words 2) Blank White Tickets 3) LOVE IN MANY LANGUAGES - 20 - 1 inch Scalloped Paper Circles with Typed Words In Foreign Languages 4) Set of 10 BLANK Gift Tags - Large with Strings 5) 100 PLUs Piece Paper Pack - Vintage and Antique Book Pages - Childrens Textbooks Math Foreign Languages Spanish German Russian Asian - 1896 to 1960s - 4th Edition 6) 50 - Vintage Paper Postage Stamp Shapes 7) 25 - 2.5 inch Scalloped Ovals 8) Vintage Paper Birds - Old text, maps, foreign languages 9) Butterflies from Vintage Papers - Text, Books, Ledgers, Maps, Music, Foreign 10) Vintage Loving Couples COLLAGE Sheet and a few other goodies.

Needless to say, I had plenty of creative inspiration to spark my creativity. I don't normally work with blank tickets or the little envelopes I received, but I was determined to create something with them. The end result was a little envelope to contain happy memories, using the manila envelope, the happy word scallop, memories word scallop, blank ticket, heart punch, dove punch, and a bit of lace from the packaging.
From the three gift tag blanks I received, I created three different tags using images from one of my Flickr friends, takeabreak.


My favorite item, however, is the collage I made utilizing a vintage book page adhered to a bit of a cereal box as the background. The collage is entitled "Mother Means Love in Any Language".

Please visit the Duct Tape and Denim blog to see what other design team members created.

6 comments:

Denise said...

how fun - great creations.

BarkerBell Herbs and Heirlooms said...

Thank you!

Rose said...

Oh lucky you! These are all looking great! Enjoyed your blog too!

BarkerBell Herbs and Heirlooms said...

Rose,

Thanks for your kind words and I'm happy to hear you enjoyed my blog!

Tam

Lori said...

what a fun thing to be a part of!!! i love what you made with the goodies you received...my favorite is the collage too...very pretty!!!

Barbra said...

What great fun. Your talents are numerous!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails