Friday, December 12, 2008

Bettie Page, Beloved 50's Pinup Model & Icon, Dies in LA at 85

As many of you know, I am a huge fan of Bettie Page. She has been in my thoughts and prayers for a while now as she had been suffering from pneumonia and has been in the hospital for the past month. About a week ago, she suffered a heart attack and fell into a coma, just as she was about to be released from the hospital.

This morning, I got online to see that she'd passed away late last night. It seems heaven has decided to call this angel home. The full story can be read on Yahoo News.

Her grace and beauty was an inspiration to many and my hope is that she will continue to serve in this capacity as she looks down upon all of us, returned to her 34-year old beautiful self, smiling, knowing that she is so dearly missed. I imagine she would say something like the comments she wrote on her MySpace page, "It makes me feel wonderful that people still care for me... that I have so many fans among young people, who write to me and tell me I have been an inspiration.""I thank your for your love and concern. It makes me feel good knowing you're out there. Kisses to all of you too and hugs too."

My darling Bettie, kisses and hugs to you and may you rest in peace!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails