Thursday, October 9, 2008

Music as a Time Machine

"It never seems we have enough time to do the things we want to do once we find them". This is especially true for me with regard to my blog entries. I usually wait until I have pictures to accompany a blog entry, but often find that there are long gaps in between postings. So, today, I decided to just post random thoughts and intend to start trying to post more regularly (even if I don't have any pictures to share).

A favorite childhood memory for me involves being in the car with my father, listening to music. Dad always had music playing in the car whenever we drove anywhere. Sometimes he'd play the radio, but usually would put on a cassette tape from his collection. Jim Croce is one artist that was frequently played during these times and hearing "Time in A Bottle" or any of his other songs magically transports me back to the time when I was a little girl, riding in a green Chevy van, with my father at the wheel.

What songs magically transport you to your past? I'd love to read your comments about a favorite time or place and how music relates to it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails